Sole Practitioner | www.burum.co.uk
Owain Wyn has been running his own consultancy business since 1998 focusing on advising and supporting a range of public, private and voluntary organisations to realise their ambitions relating to business, economic and social affairs.
Previously, he ran Snowdonia Technopole Ltd. a government / private/ academic partnership set up to promote and support the modernisation of the North West Wales economy through the development of innovation and technology transfer infrastucture. Between 1975 and 1995 he worked in local government firstly as a town planner and then as a head of economic development and tourism.
Owain Wyn Consultancy Services was rebranded as "burum" at the beginning of 2008. Burum is the Welsh word for yeast and reflects Owain's philosophy and desire for his service to be a source of energy and/or fermentation for delivering an added value product.
Burum provides specialist business and regeneration consultancy services. By drawing on my background and networking with a number of other consultants I am able to offer a full range of consultancy services including:
• Feasibility Studies
• Community development – building and developing capacity
• Consumer and industrial surveys
• Market, sector and supply chain analyses
• Strategic and business planning
• Land use planning and regeneration
• Resource and Grant Acquisition
• Policy, programme and project evaluation
• Sustainability Appraisals, Strategic Environmental Assessments, Habitats Regulations Assessments
• Human resouces – planning, recruitment, and evaluation
Burum works with a variety of organisations across different sectors, including local councils, Welsh Assembly Government, Assembly Sponsored Public Bodies, small businesses, not-for-profit distribution businesses, tourism, skills training, health,housing and economic and community regeneration.