This site uses cookies; by continuing to use our site you agree to our use of cookies. More details in our privacy policy. Close

Colin Rae Planning

Sole Practitioner |


Colin Rae Planning
Holly Tree House
334 Mansfield Road

Telephone: 0115 969 2085
Mobile: 077 4746 7768
Contact: Mr Colin Rae


Planning and Development

The Practice operates throughout the UK and offers impartial independent advice on a wide range of services in respect of town and country planning and development.

A fresh independent approach can be given on controversial issues as well as acting as a bridge between interested parties and the Local Authority. Initial consultation is free.

Professional Staff

Colin Rae has worked extensively in both the public and private sector. He has been a Member of the Royal Town Planning Institute since 1973.

Recent Projects

Recent projects include:

The Practice has a wide range of public and private sector clients. Public Inquiries have been undertaken on behalf of North West Leicestershire District Council, Newark & Sherwood District Council, Rutland County Council, Mansfield District Council, South Kesteven District Council & Selby District Council. Larger private sector clients have included Leicester City Football Club, Southwell Racecourse, Caledonian Building Systems Ltd, The Driving Standards Agency, Hammond Grange Ltd (Leicester), Ransomwood Estates, Leicestershire Aero Club, Franklyn Holdings, Frank Goulding Ltd, Impact Accident Repairs Ltd and Hazelwood Properties Ltd.

Recent instructions include:-

  • Approval for 127 houses at Shirland, Derbyshire.
  • Approval for 9 Dwellings in the Meadows area of Nottingham.
  • Development Briefs for large employment and residential sites.
  • Planning and Enforcement Appeals.
  • Development Land Appraisals and Major development applications.
  • Paint Ball & Quad Bike activities.
  • Childrens Private Day Centres in Nottingham and Leicester;
  • HMO and Student Accommodation applications and appeals.
  • Livery stables.
  • Dental & Physiotherapy Clinics.
  • Rural planning advice.
  • Green Belt issues.
  • Barn Conversions.
  • Certificate of Lawful Use applications.
  • Design & Access Statements.
  • Flood Risk Sequential Test Reports.

(Please also refer to the web site '')